AURORA Fact sheet
AURORA has developed a fact sheet that helps to introduce the project to stakeholders. The two-page document describes the aims of the project as well as the organization of work packages, and the project’s seven objectives. It also includes a map locating the eleven partner organizations and answers to common questions about why AURORA is needed and how it will contribute to the protection of human health.
The fact sheet is available for download in: English, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, German, and Spanish.
AURORA Scientific Summary
AURORA has developed a longer scientific summary that provides interested stakeholders with more detail about the project’s objectives, partners, executive board, and research timeline. It introduces some of the key techniques and methods that will be applied across the project’s work packages as well as the expertise and roles of the partners involved.
The scientific summary is available for download in English.
What are micro- and nanoplastics (MNPs)? How can they be measured? Are they harmful to humans? While there are still many unknowns, recent research in the field has helped shed light on how humans are exposed to MNPs and how they might affect our bodies throughout our lives.
Below are some links to a few resources that help begin to answer these questions and more.
- “Microplastics” Topics Page. European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) (2021)
- “Microplastics are everywhere – but are they harmful?” Nature (2021)
- “A scientific perspective on microplastics in nature and society.” SAPEA (2019)
- “Where has all the plastic gone?” Utrecht University (2021)
- “Presence of microplastics and nanoplastics in food, with particular focus on seafood.” European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) (2016)